One-on-One Pilates Sessions
Single training session
6 training session package*
12 training session package*
Reservations and pre-payment are required.
All private Sessions require 24 hour cancellation.
*Combination training-session packages of Personal Training, Pole and Pilates are available upon request. Contact us for a personalized quote. Click here
Pilates training is geared to each client’s specific needs and abilities and is only available as private one-on-one sessions. Sessions are taught by Ms. Reed, who is a trained specialist in movement, drawing from a vast repertoire of exercises designed for Reformer, Cadillac, Ladder Barrel, Wunda, Arc as well as the mat.
BodySmart teaches the Kelly Kane method of Pilates. This is a “hands-on” approach where the instructor physically cues the client to correct body alignment and movement patterns. Ms. Reed will also modify traditional Pilates exercises for those with osteoporosis and other physical conditions. These clients will need to have a medical release to participate in our Pilates program.
Ms. Reed is also certified in Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries (FAMI) from the Center for Anatomy & Functional Morphology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Her extensive knowledge in this field greatly enhances her client’s results.
Noted benefits of Pilates are:
• Develops agility, balance, coordination, endurance, flexibility, strength and general physical fitness
• Teaches awareness of body control, muscle activation, and movement
• Improves body alignment and corrects posture
• Teaches proper breathing techniques to enhance body movement
• Develops mindful concentration and focus while exercising
• Promotes relaxation and releases tension
• Improves bone health
• Benefits other sports and athletic activities
• Distributes body mass more aesthetically to look and feel slimmer